Have you been in a situation where you think a toilet would seem proper in your room, or the children’s room or visitor’s room, but you do not want to give this thought any consideration because you are sure scared as hell about the amount you will have to put into the project?
The long plumbing processes of removing tiles, breaking floors, running pipes, etc. will make it time-consuming, expensive and stressful at the same time. However, the good news is that there are now specially-made toilets that do not require such long and stressful processes of plumbing like the standard toilets. Have you heard of macerating upflush toilets?
Macerating upflush toilets are designed with a discharge system which comprises of a macerator/pump and a small diameter pipe. The macerator has rotating blades that shred feces and toilet papers into a fine slurry when mixed with flush water. The grounded waste moves through the diameter pipe into a septic tank. Classic right? These toilets despite their outstanding performance are affordable and fitting for every bathroom decor.
Here Are The Best 7 of These Toilets:
Saniflo 023 Sanicompact 48
When it seems your bathroom is not wide enough to take in all the bathroom fixtures you have in mind, then go for this design of the toilet. It is one of the top best toilets. Due to its compactness, it is highly rated and demanded in the market. This one piece toilet has its macerator and grinder safely concealed under the base of the toilet. Its mysterious design makes it classic and highly sophisticated.
Just because it comes in one piece, it weighs 67 pounds which is a lot lesser than other toilets. Dimensions are 18.2 x 14.5 x 15.8.
- Designed to fit into compact bathrooms.
- It weighs just 67 pounds, making shipping less expensive and easy too.
- The grinder and pump are concealed; making it the best toilet to install in the children’s room.
- It consumes less water; not more than a gallon per flush.
- It is easy to install and saves the stressful plumbing processes of installing toilets.
- Its bowl is elongated and places the physically challenged at an advantage.
- This toilet does not come with a water tank.
- Feedback from former customers says instruction that comes with this toilet is limited and not completely helpful.
- Designed with stylish seat and chrome hinges.
- It is a little bit expensive.
Saniflo SaniAccess 2 Upflush Macerator Pump
The Saniflo SaniAccess toilet is designed in a round and sleeky way. It is made of vitreous materials which makes the surface shiny and nonporous. Unlike the Saniflo Sanicompact above, this toilet has macerating kits that are visible to the eyes. This does not mean it will occupy a whole lot of space. Despite visible macerator kits, it is still compact, and it fills a narrow space. Its compactness does not, however, affect its effectiveness; it is still very much efficient with a dimension of 16-3/4″ height.
- The toilet is compact and can fit into narrow spaces.
- Despite its compactness, it is very efficient.
- It is water conserving
- It has a sleek round shape which makes it classic.
- Installation is quite easy when the accompanying instructions are followed rightly.
- It rarely clogs since it has a sharp blade that shreds waste.
- This product comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It is slightly expensive.
Saniflo Sanibest Pro
This is one of the top best macerating toilets also designed by Saniflo. This toilet is a more sophisticated heavy set as it comes with a tank and macerating pump which efficiently breaks down the contents of the toilet. With a standard design, the installation is pretty straightforward so far you follow instructions. It is a heavy-duty macerating toilet system used to finish up bathrooms. Its dimensions are 12 x 21 x 9″.
- It has a high-speed macerator which functions at 3600 per hour, for optimal performance.
- It minimizes water usage by using 1.6 gallons of water per flushIt has an elongated bowl.
- It has a very quiet flush operation.
- Made of vitreous materials which gives it an elegant shining look that is easy to maintain.
- The saniBest pump can connect to the upflush toilet, sink, shower, bath, and any washing machine.
- It has a full 2-year manufacturer warranty for repair or replacement.
- 1.6 gallons per flush is still considered to be quite much because other toilets use less.
- Former customers have complained of deafening noise, especially when the pump is activated; this is contrary to the manufacturer’s guarantee on a noiseless operation.
- It weighs 106 pounds, making shipping fee a little expensive.
- It is considered to be very expensive.
This is also one of Saniflo’s best. The toilet features a macerating kit of macerating bathroom pump, a white toilet bowl, and a white toilet tank. The macerating blades are made up of stainless steel, an assurance of its durability. It consumes 1.6 gallons of water per flush, and the pump works at 10 PSI. It is highly effective and with a dimension of 12 x 21 x 9″, it does not occupy much space. It comes with a standard bowl.
- Despite its heavy-set kit, this toilet does not weigh much; just 99.7 pounds.
- Compared to its effectiveness, it consumes less water.
- It has been tested to be very durable and can stand the test of time.
- No need to be scared of clogs because the macerating blades do an excellent job of shredding wastes properly.
- It is easy to transport since it does not weigh much.
- It is made from vitreous materials which give the toilet a bright and glassy classic look.
- The bowl is designed for efficient rinsing and easy to clean.
- It comes with a standard bowl making it inconvenient for some set of people, especially people with disabilities.
- There is no guarantee of a quiet flush.
- It is a bit expensive.
Liberty Pumps ASCENTII-ESW, 1/2 HP 115VESW
This is one of the most sophisticated and advanced macerating toilets in the market. Designed with amazing features, it stands to be durable, efficient, classic and fairly affordable. Unlike other macerating toilets highlighted above, the Liberty Pump works with batteries and the batteries can last three to three and a half hours. The toilet requires 1.9 volts batteries of which the first batch is included in the purchase.
Also, it consumes just 1.28 gallon of water per flush. It is made up of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene(ABS), a construction material which is quite famous for its durability and splendor. Its dimensions are 29.8 x 20 x 32.2.
- With its RazorCut technology, the waste is emaciated properly.
- The elongated bowl makes it comfortable, especially for people with disabilities.
- Conserves water.
- Weighing 121 pounds, it is relatively easy to transport.
- Made of ABS, cleaning is made easy, maintaining its clean, sleek and posh appearance.
- With a removable service panel, servicing can be carried out without disconnecting plumbing.
- With an elongated seat, it serves to be more comfortable and supportive.
- The frequent purchase of batteries makes this toilet quite expensive to run.
- Maintenance also includes regular servicing which is another expenses.
TMC Electric Marine Toilet
This is a very compact toilet that can as well even fit into a small boat. The TMC Electric Marine Toilet comes with a compact white small bowl made from vitreous. The bowl is furnished with a standard household type seat and lid. The toilet includes a push button 3/4″ to 1″ inlet and 1″ to 1½” discharge hose adapter.
Just a push of the button awakes the self-priming flush pump to rinse the bowl and the macerator to grind up water and pump it out. To keep the toilet running and in good condition, it is advised to keep it close to the water source, and the water pump inlet should not be more than 25 inches above water level. Its dimensions are 14½” x 15 13/32 x 18 29/32.
- Its bowl is made from vitreous which makes it easy to clean.
- It is very compact and can fit into a narrow space.
- It has a high capacity scavenger pump which makes it very efficient in grinding waste and pumping out.
- Designed with an easy-to-clean China bowl, it has this contemporary appearance.
- It is designed to use both fresh and seawater.
- It can be installed above or below sea level in any boat without needing an additional macerator pump.
- It does not weigh much, just 56.0 pounds.
- For a standard installation, a solenoid valve is required which is not included in the package.
- Some recommended accessories like waste tank Y-valve, inlet vented loop, outlet vented loop, White Nylon Thru-Hulls, etc. are not included.
Bathroom Anywhere Macerating Elongated Bowl
Just like its name implies, this toilet enables homeowners to install a bathroom with toilet, shower/bathtub and sink in places where it is impossible to install underground plumbing required by traditional bathroom fixtures. You can have your toilet anywhere irrespective of the geographical location.
You will also be able to install a bathroom without much stress, mess, money or time. This toilet makes use of 1.28 gallons of water per flush and with an elongated seat of 19½ inches which is slow-close. With a contemporary design, the toilet fits into the decor of any bathroom. Its dimensions are 28″ x 20.8″ x 18.5″.
- It is easy to install
- Makes it easy possible to install a toilet with complete bathroom fixtures.
- Its elongated seat makes it comfortable for people with disabilities.
- Its seat is slow-closed, making it free of noises from seat-slamming.
- With its over-the-board efficiency, it is still surprisingly affordable.
- It has a very quiet flush.
- Conserve water
- With a shipping weight of 68.3 pounds, it is easy to transport.
- It is very cheap compared to other macerating upflush toilets.
- The macerator and tank are sold differently.
One significant phenomenon common to standard toilets is the possibility of clogging. This phenomenon is not found with macerating upflush toilets because they are designed with rotating blades that grind deposited wastes into small particles and when mixed with water in the flush, the grounded wastes become slurry and easy to pass out. It is important to note that the only wastes that should be deposited in the macerating upflush toilet are toilet papers and wastes from the bowels.
An upflush toilet seems to be economical because it has been engineered to eliminate the over-the-board expenses that accompany standard toilet installation. These toilets are very much mobile as they can be removed easily to a different site.
To install an upflush toilet, you need the following: a toilet pump system, a supply of water, a small discharge pipe. The inches will depend on the type of upflush toilet being installed, a source of electricity with a GFI breaker and someone skilled in installing or plumbing.
With all these mentioned above, your upflush toilet will be installed in a few hours and a day, you can have an installed complete bathroom.